We, Beijing MEGVII Technology Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "MEGVII Tech"or "we"), understand that facial technical services require data such as direct and indirect user portraits, which is interconnected to user privacy and requires a prudent approach to protection. Therefore, we are obligated to recognize, respect and protect all user privacy.
By using this website, The Company will deem users to have accepted this Policy and consented to its collection, storage, usage, disclosure, sharing and transfer of their details in accordance to the provisions provided in this Policy. The Company will amend the Policy sporadically to update incomplete or outdated information, or information that requires modification. Major Policy changes will be published on the Company's official website, and new policies will take effect immediately following the release.
Ⅰ. Collection of Personal Information
When users (including through the products you connect with) utilize the Company's services, it collects their information, which includes personal and non-personal data, for the purposes and processes defined in the Policy.
Personal information refers to the data associated with identifying unique individualities in a person.
Non-personal information refers to non-specific data that cannot be directly linked to any one individual, such as occupation, languages spoken, zip codes, area codes, serial numbers, URL, automatically recorded access data (such as browser norms, domain names, page views, referral pages, IP addresses, and page navigations). It also includes mobile device preferences and unique identifiers, videos exempt from personal information, country and time zone information revealing where the product has been accessed, the location, the mobile phone operator identifier(OI), and the equipment software platform and hardware information and so on. The Company combines non-personal information with personal information received from the users, which it treats as personal information on a combined basis.
To personalize the online experience for users and make it easier for them to access the website, The Company will direct small data files, called cookies, to the user's computer or mobile device. Cookies assigned to the user are unique and can only be read by Web servers in the domain where the cookies have been published. The Company sends cookies to its users to simplify repetition during logins, and store their shopping preferences or the items in their shopping cart. This is combined with other data to provide users with their unique shopping preferences, which helps them optimize their advertising preferences and enables them to determine their login and account or data security status.
Ⅲ. Use of Personal Information
The Company may use the personal information collected from users of this platform in various business-related areas, including:
· When products and services are provided;
· Account management, including subscriptions to products and services;
· When processing and responding to user queries and comments;
· When sending users' updates and real-time information;
· When providing users with information on selected products and services that may be of interest to them;
· When asking for user information and feedback, including through research and surveys;
· When performing business analysis or other functions to improve the quality of the Company's business, websites, API, and services it provides.
Ⅳ. Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company may share personal user information in limited circumstances, including:
· Sharing information with service providers the Company authorizes to perform certain functions or provide certain services on its behalf (only on the basis that such service providers will not own or disclose personal user information);
· When responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal proceedings, or establishing or exercising the Company's legal rights, or defending legal claims;
· When the Company considers it necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action in regard to illegal activities, suspected fraudulent activities, and to defend against legal claims or other activities required by law;
· When information is needed to protect or defend the rights or property of The Company, and for issues relating to public safety;
· When it's necessary to share information about a company transaction (such as divestiture, mergers, mergers, or asset sales);
· When obtaining user consent (for example, if the Company allows subscribers to share what they have already purchased with other users).
V. Protection of Personal Information
The Company has taken customary safety measures to protect the personal user information it is provided with. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is completely secure and the Company cannot provide assurances that such information will never be accessed, used or distributed in a manner that violates the Policy.
In the process of providing services, the Company may obtain public facial information through search technology, social networks, public databases, etc. It may obtain non-public face information through the data submitted by the users. The Company guarantees that any non-public information or data submitted directly to it from users will be treated as private information, which will not be disclosed to any third parties. The data collected and submitted in any of the Company's applications will only be used for that specific application and will not be accessed or used by any other application. The Company invites and encourages application developers, its users, and any third parties to offer suggestions on facial information security to ensure that the privacy of app developers and end users is kept confidential.
Ⅵ. Privacy of Minors
The Company protects the privacy of minors in accordance with applicable laws. It encourages minors, those under the age of 14, to visit its platform or utilize its services under the supervision and guidance of their parents. The Company would also recommend and advise minors to have their parents read the Policy, and seek their consent and approval before submitting any personal user information to the Company.
Ⅶ. Global Operation
The user agrees to the manner in which the Company operates, including the collection, storage, use, transmission and sharing of their information as described in the Policy. The user also agrees to the transfer and transmission of their information to any countries in the world where the Company's servers, service providers or partners are located, no matter where they use the Company's services. Users should be aware that some countries or regions where user information is stored might have different laws, regulations and national standards to those of their own country.
Ⅷ. External Links
The Company's platform may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. These third-party websites, products and services are not subject to the Policy, and the information collected by such third parties is subject to the third party's privacy practices. The Company encourages users to review third-party privacy statements in order to understand the procedures for their collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
The Company may update its Policy in the future. It will inform users of this via email, or through a prominent notice on its website.
X. Contact Us
Please provide the following information when contacting us:
(1) Your name and preferred mode of contact;
(2) Your detailed requirements or corresponding website links and comments.